About the blogger

My photo
I'm in my second year as the College Recruitment Officer, and it's gratifying to see so many of the people I helped get started here in classes and moving toward brighter futures. I'm a true education advocate, having earned a bachelor's degree in English from the University of New Mexico and a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from the University of Utah. I've also worked in public relations and as a newspaper reporter and a librarian.

Monday, December 13, 2010

Spreading cheer

This year's MCC Shines on the Havasu campus was relaxing and eclectic with about 250 guests enjoying a program of ballet, Hawaiian dancing, the Colomunde Chorus and English faculty Dan Pund on his trombone. The board of our local MCC Foundation Chapter threw the switch on the loveliest lighting display we've had in years. It was all home-grown this year and showed what a rich community we have.
The strategic use of a railing as a makeshift tripod helped me get the shot below. This shows why we call it "Shines."





No comments:

Post a Comment