About the blogger

My photo
I'm in my second year as the College Recruitment Officer, and it's gratifying to see so many of the people I helped get started here in classes and moving toward brighter futures. I'm a true education advocate, having earned a bachelor's degree in English from the University of New Mexico and a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from the University of Utah. I've also worked in public relations and as a newspaper reporter and a librarian.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Still time for art

You still have about a week to see the art show currently on display in The Gallery in room 204. It features provocative and innovative multi-media sculpture and "unique prints" by student Randall Shehi, who has become a fixture in our art studios at the San Juan Annex. Shehi really does have his own vision, and you're not likely to see artwork of this style or caliber elsewhere in Lake Havasu City or even this part of the state. The Gallery is open Mondays through Fridays, 9 a.m.-5 p.m.

At right: This sculpture by Randall Shehi features a delicate wing-like structure of hand-built clay set on a stand fashioned from a reclaimed trowel.

No comments:

Post a Comment