About the blogger

My photo
I'm in my second year as the College Recruitment Officer, and it's gratifying to see so many of the people I helped get started here in classes and moving toward brighter futures. I'm a true education advocate, having earned a bachelor's degree in English from the University of New Mexico and a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from the University of Utah. I've also worked in public relations and as a newspaper reporter and a librarian.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Welcome back already!

Yes, I've taken a bit of an hiatus from blogging, but I'm back now. The rush of new students in the weeks before the fall semester, combined with the wilting heat of August in Lake Havasu City left me a bit uninspired. But the temps have dropped below 100 (at least for now), and I'm feeling refreshed. It's great to see students back on campus, hauling around textbooks, putting their heads together in newly formed study groups and donning program-specific scrubs and t-shirts. Have a great semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment