About the blogger

My photo
I'm in my second year as the College Recruitment Officer, and it's gratifying to see so many of the people I helped get started here in classes and moving toward brighter futures. I'm a true education advocate, having earned a bachelor's degree in English from the University of New Mexico and a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from the University of Utah. I've also worked in public relations and as a newspaper reporter and a librarian.

Thursday, January 28, 2010

This is when the fun starts

The first week of the spring semester is coming to a close and things are already feeling back to normal around here.
I came back from a lunchtime walk yesterday to find a clutch of Surgical Technology students, decked out in their characteristic bright red scrubs, sitting around a table in the lobby quizzing each other on test questions. Now entering their second semester of the rigorous program, all the nervous jitters of the fall have been replaced by an aura of confidence as well as an impressive body of knowledge, evident as class members snapped off the answers, sometimes before the question was even finished.
For me, too, the idle days of Winter Break are hardly a memory as plans for campus events and recruiting efforts bloom in fast motion. It will be a busier semester than ever as we strive to offer students and community members a good reason to spend time with us on the Havasu campus. After all, we kinda like it here and we think everyone else should, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment