About the blogger

My photo
I'm in my second year as the College Recruitment Officer, and it's gratifying to see so many of the people I helped get started here in classes and moving toward brighter futures. I'm a true education advocate, having earned a bachelor's degree in English from the University of New Mexico and a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from the University of Utah. I've also worked in public relations and as a newspaper reporter and a librarian.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Answer No. 1

Today--from 4-6 p.m. in the 200 building lobby--is our first "Answer Tuesday," an informal sort of open house where people who are thinking about coming to MCC can drop in and get the answers to some of their questions. We'll also be giving participants the chance to use Sigi-3, a career self-assessment tool that's fun to use and gives people insights into what they should do when they grow up. We'll keep up with Answer Tuesdays until the start of Fall semester, Aug. 23. If it's a success, we may continue them indefinitely. I don't know how many people to expect tonight. I might be pretty lonely until I can get the word out. But for anyone who's had a nagging feeling about attending MCC and didn't know where to start, this is the ideal opportunity to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment