About the blogger

My photo
I'm in my second year as the College Recruitment Officer, and it's gratifying to see so many of the people I helped get started here in classes and moving toward brighter futures. I'm a true education advocate, having earned a bachelor's degree in English from the University of New Mexico and a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from the University of Utah. I've also worked in public relations and as a newspaper reporter and a librarian.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

You gotta visualize

This morning I gave a tour of the campus to a young man, his mom and his grandparents. Because of all the renovation and construction going on, I found myself having to say, "You've just got to visualize it," a lot. The tour brought home just how transformed this campus will be come August 23 when the fall semester starts. The bulk of the improvements will directly benefit students and their campus quality of life. Many of us agree it's about time. The goal is to make the campus -- and all the MCC campuses -- not just a place to take classes but a place to spend time, study, connect with other students, share ideas and feel a part of things. I'll bring you the news of our renovations, complete with pictures, as they come together. In fact, I hope to have my first installment tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment