About the blogger

My photo
I'm in my second year as the College Recruitment Officer, and it's gratifying to see so many of the people I helped get started here in classes and moving toward brighter futures. I'm a true education advocate, having earned a bachelor's degree in English from the University of New Mexico and a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from the University of Utah. I've also worked in public relations and as a newspaper reporter and a librarian.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Officially summer

In case folks haven't noticed, it's hot. Really hot at last. And the humidity is starting to creep up, signalling the approach of the dreaded monsoon season. (When it's 113 degrees, even 20-percent humidity is uncomfortable and 35-percent humidity is downright unbearable.) Sounds like a good time to get out of town, which is what a lot of people around here are doing, including me. I'm headed out on a 10-day vacation in the mountains in the extreme southwest corner of the state. It's supposed to be in the mid-80s down there, so I'd better take a sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment