About the blogger

My photo
I'm in my second year as the College Recruitment Officer, and it's gratifying to see so many of the people I helped get started here in classes and moving toward brighter futures. I'm a true education advocate, having earned a bachelor's degree in English from the University of New Mexico and a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from the University of Utah. I've also worked in public relations and as a newspaper reporter and a librarian.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Go ahead, have some fun

After the heavy information contained in my last post, I feel like lightening the mood and having some fun, especially heading into the long Fourth of July weekend. For many people Lake Havasu is synonymous with fun, and it's quite a sight to see the way people let their hair down, shall we say, on a summer holiday weekend. The lake is a great recruiting tool for me -- thus the title of this blog -- as long as students remember the time will come to get out of the water, pop a couple aspirin, smear aloe on the sunburn and hit the books. But for now Happy Birthday, America and Happy Party, Havasu. See you July 6, when on-campus registration for fall classes begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment