About the blogger

My photo
I'm in my second year as the College Recruitment Officer, and it's gratifying to see so many of the people I helped get started here in classes and moving toward brighter futures. I'm a true education advocate, having earned a bachelor's degree in English from the University of New Mexico and a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from the University of Utah. I've also worked in public relations and as a newspaper reporter and a librarian.

Friday, March 12, 2010

Art for art's sake

I forgot to mention there's a terrific exhibit in The Gallery (room 204) right now featuring works by art faculty and former faculty. The show includes beautiful landscape paintings by our resident faculty Alan Hall as well as provocative charcoal drawings by associate faculty Kevin Bangsund. The centerpiece of the exhibit is a collection of stunning and innovative ceramic pieces by former faculty member Harry Kaino II, who taught on the Havasu campus from 1976-1989. At right is one of his signature pieces that combines elegant wheel-thrown elements with almost organic hand-built components. Check the show out while it's here, through April 9.

No comments:

Post a Comment