About the blogger

My photo
I'm in my second year as the College Recruitment Officer, and it's gratifying to see so many of the people I helped get started here in classes and moving toward brighter futures. I'm a true education advocate, having earned a bachelor's degree in English from the University of New Mexico and a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from the University of Utah. I've also worked in public relations and as a newspaper reporter and a librarian.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Into the stretch

Now that Spring Break is behind us, it seems like no time at all before the end of the semester, and commencement, will be here. How did this year go by so fast? Which isn't to say there isn't still a lot of work to be done. In fact, for those of us who devote ourselves to helping new students get started at MCC, there's never a slow time. For many prospective students, the decisions associated with college are not quick or easy -- long-term rewards usually require long-range planning. A couple of weeks ago I talked with a group of students who are hoping to enter our nursing program in Fall 2011. It sounds like a long way off, and I admire their patience and their perserverance.

No comments:

Post a Comment