About the blogger

My photo
I'm in my second year as the College Recruitment Officer, and it's gratifying to see so many of the people I helped get started here in classes and moving toward brighter futures. I'm a true education advocate, having earned a bachelor's degree in English from the University of New Mexico and a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from the University of Utah. I've also worked in public relations and as a newspaper reporter and a librarian.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Brain trust

Whoever said community colleges aren't about academics obviously never attended an induction ceremony of Phi Theta Kappa, the honor society for two-year colleges. Our campus' chapter, Alpha Chi Chi, welcomed its latest crop of eggheads Friday and, as campus documentarian, I was on hand to take photos. I have to admit, it was pretty inspiring seeing our top students lined up in one place. Newly pinned chapter president, Shawn Gall, will be a good role model. He's a straight-A student and by all appearances a straight arrow, too. It's cool to be smart!

No comments:

Post a Comment