About the blogger

My photo
I'm in my second year as the College Recruitment Officer, and it's gratifying to see so many of the people I helped get started here in classes and moving toward brighter futures. I'm a true education advocate, having earned a bachelor's degree in English from the University of New Mexico and a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from the University of Utah. I've also worked in public relations and as a newspaper reporter and a librarian.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Fun, a fair

I'll be taking my show on the road again tomorrow as I set up shop at a "Family Fun Fair," organized by the Auxiliary of the VFW to raise funds to buy a shade cover for the toddlers' play area at Rotary Park. Though I'll have all our most kid-friendly MCC give-away items (temporary tattoos, crayons, coloring books and really pretty bright red pencils), my ulterior motive will be to pitch education to their parents. Look for me in the big white tent.

No comments:

Post a Comment