About the blogger

My photo
I'm in my second year as the College Recruitment Officer, and it's gratifying to see so many of the people I helped get started here in classes and moving toward brighter futures. I'm a true education advocate, having earned a bachelor's degree in English from the University of New Mexico and a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from the University of Utah. I've also worked in public relations and as a newspaper reporter and a librarian.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

OK, this is getting big

It's not exactly the discovery of America, but "MCC Discovery" night, our last big bash of the year, is shaping up to be--dare I say it?--colossal. Guests will be able to take a free, fun, computer-based career assessment and learn about (a.k.a. discover) some of the high-demand career paths they can train for at MCC. There will be demonstrations and tours of our labs, and I just found out our art club will be doing their thing in The Gallery, where a juried show of their artwork will be on display. Believe it or not, art is a potentially lucrative career path, too. How can that be? Come to MCC Discovery night to find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment