About the blogger

My photo
I'm in my second year as the College Recruitment Officer, and it's gratifying to see so many of the people I helped get started here in classes and moving toward brighter futures. I'm a true education advocate, having earned a bachelor's degree in English from the University of New Mexico and a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from the University of Utah. I've also worked in public relations and as a newspaper reporter and a librarian.

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Saving energy can be tiring

As the first week of what we like to call our "energy-saving summer schedule" nears its close, I can't help but note how exhausting saving energy is. I'm not complaining about the glorious three-day weekends, but working four 10-hour days in a row every week takes some getting used to. I was talking to a prospective student this morning at a time when I normally would have been pouring a second cup of tea and staring bleary-eyed at the newspaper. (His enthusiasm for coming to school, however, helped wake me up. I don't meet that many prospects who are as amped about studying engineering as he was.)

No comments:

Post a Comment