About the blogger

My photo
I'm in my second year as the College Recruitment Officer, and it's gratifying to see so many of the people I helped get started here in classes and moving toward brighter futures. I'm a true education advocate, having earned a bachelor's degree in English from the University of New Mexico and a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing from the University of Utah. I've also worked in public relations and as a newspaper reporter and a librarian.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Summer buzz

This is a time of year when everyone gets a breather. Students get a break from classes and studying, faculty get a chance to pursue their other interests, and staff get the luxury of a slower pace for a few weeks. Everybody's kicking back, except--that is--our facilities staff. When the place empties out and quiets down, they get busy: cleaning carpets, patching and painting walls, and implementing a long list of remodeling and repair projects. At least one of those is really going to be noticed when students return for the summer session. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment